At VRC Protx our safety credo is “NOBODY GETS HURT.” VRC Protx is very proud of the culture of safety we created in our company along with our excellent safety record. We provide extensive safety training for all of our technicians annually. This consists of training on all of the following topics. Each of our crews holds a Job Safety Analysis meeting each morning before any work is started where a safe work plan and a fall protection plan are discussed along with a personal protective equipment review performed. All of these actions are documented daily. Each of our technicians are empowered to stop any unsafe situation using a stop work authority action until the unsafe condition can be resolved to the satisfaction of our employee and the customer representative. You can be sure when a VRC Protx crew is performing a service engagement at your facility that you will be provided the most skilled, safety conscious technicians in the industry.
VRC Protx is committed to providing our clients with the best in class technicians in the industry. Each year our Technical Services Group provides 100 hours of skill training and 25 hours of safety training for each of our Quality Control Foreman and Technicians. There is in classroom training on all Manufactures Repair, Assembly and Testing Procedures, ASME and National Board Inspection Codes, API Standards, Diagnostics, Troubleshooting and Process Safety. Equally as important is the broad range of hands on and on the job training to all Manufactures Actuators, Control Valves and Pressure Relief Valve types and Models.
The management of VRC Protx is dedicated to providing active support to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and for the contracting employers. However, the support of each employee is also vital towards the goal of preventing all safety incidents. There are two basic guidelines for our safety policy:
- There are no jobs so important that we cannot take the necessary steps and time to perform in a safe manner.
- The first priority is the safety of people, not property.
- VRC Protx does not allow alcohol, drugs or firearms of any type on the property of the company or the property of any contracting employer. Any employee caught with these substances on company property or contracting employer property shall be subject to immediate termination.
- Any safety issues that come up during the normal course of work should be immediately brought to the attention of the local supervisor
- The policies of the contracting employer shall always be followed. The steps taken to follow all safety policies are an integral part of doing business. Coordination and cooperation with the contracting employer during safety meetings and safety training is highly encouraged and is part of the teamwork that minimizes safety incidents.
- VRC Protx shall maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- In case of emergency, the proper response is to leave the facility and go to the predetermined meeting location, contact the contracting employer immediately, ensure that all contract personnel are accounted for, and call for medical help if needed. As stated above – Protect People First.
- Process Safety Management – VRC Protx will comply with all requirements of OSHA PSM regulations. Specifically, VRC Protx shall
- Assure that each contract employee is trained in the work practices necessary to perform his/her job.
- Assure that each contract employee is aware of the process hazards related to their job
- Assure that each contract employee knows how to respond in case of emergency (see #5 above)
- Assure that each contract employee is properly trained, with adequate documentation
- Assure that each contract employee understands the safety rules of the contracting employer and the safety rules of the specific facility in which they are working
- Advise the contracting employer of any unique hazards presented by the contractor’s work.
- Advise the contracting employer if subcontractors are being used and ensure they are properly trained to perform their tasks.